Customer Initiates the replacement process by inquiring for a pool liner replacement. You may have experienced a rip or tear in the liner. Or want to stay one step ahead by replacing the older liner before it does develop leaking.
Customer calls or emails us. We schedule a pool inspection and measure. To provide you with the best replacement outcome, we first need to see the pool.
Pool Liner Replacement Pricing 2022
We charge $49 to come Inspect, Measure and help you with Liner selection. Whether you buy from us or not, it’s best to have us take a look. This fee goes towards any service we provide you with in the future
|Rounds Sizes in ft||Labor Charges||Oval Sizes in ft||Labor Charges|
* Deck Obstruction adds $100-250 depending on how much obstruction is present.
* Installing Pool Wall Foam $200
*Installing Foam Pool Cove $150
Pool Liner Installation Agreement
Above Ground Pool Builder will be responsible for:
- Provide backyard consultation for a fee ($49). We will measure pool for new liner and inspect pool for anything else you might need. This fee can be applied towards liner purchase and installation.
- Removing old liner, cut up into pieces and placing in our supplied trash bags for customer disposal.
- Remove Old skimmer and pool water return for liner installation. We will reattach old skimmer and return if new ones are not supplied. We strongly recommend replacing skimmer and return for worry free future use.
- Remove your ladder or steps.
- The base material will be re-worked to manufacturer recommendation. If your base is in need of new base material. This will be an extra charge to provide.
- Once liner is installed and pool put back together. We will hand over any warranty paperwork supplied by manufacturer from the liner box.
Above Ground Pool Builder will NOT be responsible for:
- When you purchase a pool liner elsewhere we cannot guarantee it’s quality and we cannot guarantee it’s potential defects. If you are supplied with a defective liner from another source. We will not be held accountable for any damages or inconvenience. If a liner is defective you must get a suitable liner from where you purchased. If this is done we will install at half our installation price.
- Buy a liner from us and we stand behind our liner and we will install new liner at no additional costs to you.
- Pool water Delivery unless hired to do so.
- Not responsible for quality of ladders and steps already purchased by you. Homeowner is responsible to put in their own ladder or steps as you would normally do so at the beginning of the swim season. It’s strongly recommend you protect the base of them with a rubber pad.
- Old Liner Removal unless hired to do so.
The following will promote a smooth installation experience for both of us:
- Have liner you purchased available to us so that we can install it. If it will be a cool night before installation. We ask that liner be left inside where it is warm until installation takes place.
- Water hose and Spigot turned on so we can start the filling process and make liner wrinkle free.
- We will need an electrical outlet to plug in a vacuum. This will assist a wrinkle free liner installation.
- We strongly recommend a new skimmer and water return. Old ones tend to develop leaks sooner rather than later.
Our workmanship guarantee is good for the current swimming season as well as the next swimming season. This guarantee does not cover homeowner negligence of the swimming pool. Or any acts of nature including falling trees, wind, flooding, or winter-related damages of ice and snow. It also does not cover small animals that sometimes dig where they shouldn’t.
We have installed more than 3,000 pool liners over the past 24 years and have the experience that only time creates. Most replacements take less than a few hours.
There are many different pool liner attachments for above-ground pools. The most common liner attachments are:
- Regular Bead
- EZ-Bead or Multi-Bead
- JW and EW Bead
1-Overlap liner is a great choice 90% of the time!
This liner shows outside an above-ground swimming pool. It gets installed over the pool wall. The border pattern of this pool liner goes underwater and extends over the side wall of your pool. The outside can be folded up underneath most top rails of the pool.
I have been installing pool liners for 25 years I find this one still one of the best options today. If you stop right here and opt for an overlap. You’re going to be OK in most install situations. Let’s continue and learn what all the other attachments are.
2- Regular Beaded Liner is great for pools with deck
Beaded liners have a bead built into the top of the liner that serves as the attachment. The Bead goes into a bead receiver. Bead receivers are first installed at the top of a pool wall during installation. Then the Bead (standard) snaps into this bead receiver.
A bead track can weaken over time. To the point, it may need replacing. Get a quality track for your pool when it’s installed.
When the liner needs replacing years down the road you don’t have to take apart the top of your pool. When you have a deck the regular bead liner will save you big headaches.
Yes, it’s great not having to take apart a deck or the top of the pool. But sometimes one or two pieces of track will need to be replaced. It does happen and there are many manufactured bead tracks that are not strong enough for the long haul.
You may have to replace a few pieces of the track if the track is subpar.
3- J-hook Liner solves the regular beads problems
These liners have bead-shaped like a hook. It fits right on the pool wall.
So this choice of liner is great as it will never have a bead track to worry about. Keep in mind it will complicate the replacement if you have a deck. Little decks are fine! You can also design your deck for the future by leaving some room for a future liner replacement.
4- Uni-Bead liner gives you the best of both worlds
Uni-beaded is both a regular bead and a J-Hook bead. You can use it both ways as it’s your choice. For the bead, you’ll need to cut off the J-Hook part.
You can plan ahead by knowing what your deck needs will be. Generally, it’s not a big deal to install both ways. When you buy a quality liner they both give you long-lasting results.
5 EZ_bead liner Solves Mr Uni-Beads problems
These are also referred to as “Multi-Bead Liners.”
This liner is an improvement of the uni-bead liner. It is a universal bead and J-Hook but no cutting is necessary. It’s a very clever design and gives the DIY owners something they need not worry about.
6- Johnny Weissmuller and Ester Williams liners
These liners have a thicker bead attachment. Made for these two older aluminum-style pools. These pools were popular in the ’80s, ’90s, and early 2000s. These pools were built with a metal bead track. The track is wider than the resin-style track.
The aluminum metal bead track holds the liner and the top of the pool wall in place. The bead track has a painted smooth finish. This smooth finish allows a regular bead liner to slip during installation.